I recently came across an interesting article from Men’s Health titled, “20 Simple Tips for the Perfect Date: Dos and don’ts from the real-life Miss Match”
Aw man they totally know how to pull me in.
- Call her by early evening on Monday to confirm a Tuesday get-together. (Weekends aren’t for first dates.) - I always try and call when I say I will and touch base before a date, it only makes sense.
- Do not ask her, “So, what kind of music do you like?” The last 25 guys asked that. Be original. – I feel like a date shouldn’t be 20 Questions, it should instead be an actual conversation, it’s a better way to feel a person out.
- Tip well: Grab the check, mentally divide the bill by 10, double that number, and throw down the tip. Do it quickly but casually. Believe me, she’ll be watching. – See the grab the check line? That means we’re paying guys- don’t try and be cheap. Women are lucky they get the free meal plan.
- When in doubt, hold her hand. - If anybody knows me I suck at getting the courage to hold somebody’s hand.
- She expects you to know her eye color after the first date. – This reminds me of an exercise I try and do everytime I’m at the check-out counter. I always try and know a person’s name and eye color as he/she is ringing me up. It’s like training myself to pay attention to those little details when it counts.
- Women need momentum—without it, they lose interest or wonder if you have. Momentum = a minimum of one date a week, plus a couple of phone calls in between. - I enjoyed this tip because I didn’t really know what kind of pace seems legit so you aren’t too aloof or clingy.
Check out the rest of the article, do you think it’s pretty spot-on?